Community Bikes is a bicycle project based in West Norwood, Lambeth.
We encourage cycling and to provide bicycle related services to the local community.
We are co-located with the ground-breaking Community Shop behind the Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre on Vale Street.
We have brought into productive use a piece of land behind the recycling facility which had been abandoned for many years and have built a workshop and storage sheds for spare bicycle parts and taken over a shipping container which is being adapted for the project.
We respond to local community feedback in providing bicycle related services including :
- a bike share / hire scheme.
- repairing bikes including building up a stock of spares from abandoned and unwanted bikes.
- providing cycle maintenance training (especially for young people).
- providing volunteering opportunities.
- recycling bikes for the local community and especially Community Shop users.
- sending bikes to Africa – we have sent bikes to Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone
If you are interested in getting involved or have any ideas for our project please get in touch via the contact form.